Are you new to self storage? Need some extra space but do not know where to start?
The guide below will take you through the self storage process in as little as 4 simple steps.
What to think about when choosing your Shurgard storage unit
1. Location location location
Which Shurgard store should you pick? One that’s close to home? Well that seems the obvious choice. But if you don’t need to get to your stuff very often or you don’t mind travelling, it might be worth checking out storage units further afield as they may be cheaper.
Shurgard has 21 stores located in or around Brussels, Antwerp, Liège, Ghent, Bruges, Leuven and Courtray. To see what’s the best one for you just put your post code in the search box on the right or browse the map.
2. Size matters
It does indeed. Especially when it comes to storage units. At Shurgard, we have units from 1 square metre right up to 50 square metre. So what’s the best size for you? Use our handy size estimator to find out.
Remember you can always move to a bigger or smaller unit at any time. And we don’t charge a transfer fee.
3. Attractive features
All our storage units are dry, clean, ventilated and well lit. And there are other options you can choose too to make your storage unit experience even better.
- Direct access: an ‘outside’ unit allows you to drive a vehicle right up to your unit door. Handy for loading and unloading large items.
- Ground floor access: a unit on the ground floor for extra convenience.
- Upstairs access via lift: this unit type is not located on the ground floor and is accessible by a goods lift.
- Value units: these units are not a standard shape (e.g. they may have a sloping roof) and so are cheaper than a standard unit of the same size.
Once you have found your ideal storage unit, the next step will be to make a reservation to hold the availability, price and any promotion.
Find a store near you and check out our competitive prices